||J. Adolph Henry Lorenz |
||9 Jun 1827
||Sachsen, Germany 
- Even though most (if not all) of the family trees here list Henry's parents as Siebert and Sophia Lorenz, the attached source document appears to prove that the family tie is incorrect.
||Biographical History of Columbus and Franklin County, Ohio
Chicago: Lewis Publishing Co., 1901. pp. 164-168
This document is for Henry Lorenz Siebert, the "other" Henry. See Notes below
||Map - Saxony, Germany (1856)
||Crawfordsville, Montgomery, Indiana, USA (Age 22 years) 
||30 Jun 1850
||Baltimore, Maryland, USA (Age 23 years) [3, 4]
|Age: 23. Occupation: Farmer. |
||Immigration - J.A. Henry Lorenz
||Crawfordsville, Montgomery, Indiana, USA (Age 25 years) 
- Brewery Owner - Henry purchased the brewery in 1853; located on a triangular shaped proprietary bordered by Lafayette Ave. at Market St. and Grant Ave. (northeast corner). The building was razed in 1924
||Henry Lorenz - Brewers License Granted
||Crawfordsville, Montgomery, Indiana, USA (Age 31 years) 
|Occupation: Brewer |
||Henry Lorenz - Brewers License Granted
||Crawfordsville, Montgomery, Indiana, USA (Age 39 years)
|Elected City Councilman for Ward 1 |
||20 Apr 1870
||Crawfordsville, Montgomery, Indiana, USA
|Cause: Suicide |
||22 Apr 1870
||Oak Hill Cemetery (Indiana)
||Headstone - Lorenz, Henry Lorenz
||Headstone - Lorenz, Henry and Augusta Reinhard (sideview)
||Headstone - Reinhard, Friedrich, Caroline Reinhard, Henry Lorenz, Augusta Reinhard
||23 Apr 1870
||Crawfordsville, Montgomery, Indiana, USA (Age 42 years) 
||Obituary - Lorenz, Henry
- It has been the belief of many that the father of J.A. Henry Lorenz was Siebert H. Lorenz. However, I believe this to be incorrect. The falsely attributed father of Henry Lorenz probably originated from an erroneously written name in a Baltimore immigration passenger list that shows (as written) Siebert H. Lorenz, his wife S. K. Lorenz and their children: Sophia, William, Christian, Henry, Lewis and Charles. And so naturally to me, and everyone else, Lorenz is the surname. However, based on various source documents, which I list below, I believe the surname is actually Siebert and therefore are not the parents/siblings of Henry Lorenz of Crawfordsville, Indiana who died there in 1870.
Supporting documents below for Henry Lorenz Siebert:
1. "A Centennial Biographical History of the City of Columbus and Franklin County Ohio". Chicago: The Lewis Publishering Company, 1901. pp 164-168.
This section of the book details the life of Henry Lorenz Siebert, Sr. born in Germany and married to Susan Dollinger. Their children, born in Germany, are listed as William 9(b.1821), Christian (b.1822), Sophia (b.1825), Henry (b. 17 Jul 1827), Louis (b.1830) and Carl (b. and d.1832). The family immigrated to the United States October 1832. The remaining text in the book documents their subsequent arrival in Ohio and the lives of Henry Senior's children, including his son Henry Lorenz Siebert, Jr.
2. US Census records from 1850 through 1920.
These census records corroborate what was written in the book above about the Siebert family. All the census records are in Columbus, Ohio.
3. Will of Henry Siebert, Sr.
The will names his wife and children, giving additional confirmation of his family.
4. Green Lawn Cemetery Records (Columbus, Ohio)
Henry Lorenz Siebert, Jr. died 05 Jan 1923 and is buried at Green Lawn, as are many of his siblings.
5. Baltimore, Passenger Lists, 1820-1964 (the erroneous passenger list)
Images at Ancestry.com:
Wife and daughter of Henry Siebert, Sr.:
Next page showing Henry and their other children:
||Discovering My Ancestors
||25 Feb 2023 |
b. 17 Dec 1835, Hessen, Germany
d. 27 Jul 1868, Crawfordsville, Montgomery, Indiana, USA (Age 32 years)
||2 Jan 1855
||Marshall, Clark, Illinois, USA 
- Note: Last names on record spelled "Rinehart" and "Lorrence". Marshall is where Augusta's father, sister and brother William were living. Located 20 miles west of Terre Haute, Indiana, the residence of her brother, Adolph.
|Age at Marriage
||He was 27 years old - She was 19 years old. (Were Married 13 years). |
||5 children |
|+||1. Fredrick Adolph Lorenz|
b. 12 Dec 1855, Crawfordsville, Montgomery, Indiana, USA
d. 23 May 1941, Indianapolis, Marion, Indiana, USA (Age 85 years)
|+||2. Mary Anna Lorenz|
b. 18 May 1857, Crawfordsville, Montgomery, Indiana, USA
d. 1 Jan 1924, Crawfordsville, Montgomery, Indiana, USA (Age 66 years)
|+||3. Caroline F. Lorenz|
b. 14 Nov 1858, Crawfordsville, Montgomery, Indiana, USA
d. 12 Dec 1924, Crawfordsville, Montgomery, Indiana, USA (Age 66 years)
| ||4. William Henry Lorenz|
b. 8 Apr 1863, Crawfordsville, Montgomery, Indiana, USA
d. 5 May 1945, Lodi, San Joaquin, California, USA (Age 82 years)
|+||5. George W. Lorenz|
b. Oct 1867, Crawfordsville, Montgomery, Indiana, USA
d. 29 Feb 1936, Portland, Clackamas, Oregon, USA (Age 68 years)
||11 May 2017 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart